The Search Room is open to members of the public from Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm and is manned by volunteers who provide advice and guidance to help researchers make the most of our collections.
Whilst we always strive to have a volunteer on hand to assist, this isn't always possible. Please visit the volunteering section of our website to find out more about volunteering in the Search Room and our other volunteering opportunities.
- All researchers must make an appointment before they visit.
- We welcome group visits and can provide tours and introductions to the Search Room - please contact us for further information
- There are 2 public PCs available for viewing our online collections and Wi-Fi is available
- Please leave coats and bags in the lockers provided
- Please do not bring food or drink into the Search Room
Handling our Collections
- Please handle all items with the utmost care and respect and notify staff if you notice any damage
- Where possible, do not remove items from their transparent sleeves
- When handling items directly, please wear the gloves provided and use recommended supports
- Only use pencil for note taking - staff can provide pencils if required
- Please do not lean on or mark items in any way
- Please return items to their correct place once you have finished with them
The Search Room is free to use however some charges may apply for extensive research to be carried out. Where possible we can supply copies or digital images of items and a small fee may apply for this service. Where available, high-resolution images of New Lanark material can be purchased through Scran