In light of the recent advice from the Government in regards to COVID-19, we have made some changes here at New Lanark World Heritage Site to ensure that we can open certain aspects of our site, while ensuring that our staff and visitors safety is our top priority and focus.
Our Mill Café is now open Monday to Friday 11am-4pm, and Saturday and Sunday 11am-5pm. We are offering a delicious new take-away menu that will be available alongside our new barista style coffee where we are offering a range of alternative milks and syrups so that your coffee can be customised to your personal taste. Coming soon, traditional sourdough pizzas, milkshakes and iced coffees. Our award-winning New Lanark Ice Cream is available from our café. Look out for our new contactless, online ordering and payment system coming soon.
We are also hosting our Makers Market and browse goods & products from Scotland’s greatest designers, artists and makers. Every Saturday & Sunday from the 11th of July between 11am-5pm.
The New Lanark Spinning Company General Store will also be available from the 15th of July, however it is available online now. We have made the decision to move the store to the exhibition space, this will allow us to ensure that there is a one-way system and social distancing can be upheld.
As of the 15th of July New Lanark Mill Hotel and our self-catering Waterhouses will also be re-open*.
The following social distancing and hygiene measures have been put in place across the site:
- We have floor stickers throughout showing safe 2 metre distances, please observe these and respect the safety of other customers and our staff.
- Please observe the one-way system on entering and exiting the café.
- If anyone needs to use the ramp in both directions, please alert a member of staff who will assist.
- If you use our toilets please observe the hygiene instructions displayed inside, and please still follow the one way systems in place.
- Our staff have received full COVID specific hygiene and safety training and we have enhanced cleaning and hygiene systems in place.
- In addition to our cleaning regime, the café, toilets and conjoining areas are being disinfected weekly by an external company by a fogging disinfection system.
- Payment by card only and contactless where possible.
Supporting New Lanark
Not only is New Lanark a charity, but a vital employer in the area. We are an important piece of Scottish History and Scotland’s cultural landscape and it is important that we do everything we can to protect our history, our buildings, staff and environs. Your support through this time will help us continue our work, and even if you can’t make it to the site, a donation, however small could make all of the difference. You can donate via paypal by clicking here.
Thank you for your support.
Full Site Information:
- Leisure & Beauty and Visitor Attraction remain closed.
- The Mill Café will be open for take-out only so that you may enjoy beverages and food while you explore the site's public spaces.
- New Lanark Mill Hotel and our self-catering Waterhouses will also be open from the 15th of July.*
- The New Lanark Spinning Company General Store will be open from the 29th of June in our new location of the café and exhibition space.
- Yarn and ice-cream production are back, with reduced service.
*subject to government guidelines